Monday 8 February 2010

December 2009

I just remembered quite a funny thing that happened while I was home in Finland in December.
I bought some stuff from the local-ish supermarket, and paid with my British debit card.

The cashier asked "Bank or credit?"
I found this a bit funny, since it's a debit card it doesn't have any credit side. It's basically a normal bank card.

When I said this to the cashier she looked at me and started to say something, but the cashier from the till behind mine interrupted with a reminder to my cashier:
"Since it's a Swedish card, we'll have to put it under credit" (The correct term would've been "foreign", but maybe everything outside Finland is Sweden for him..?)

Still trying to convince both cashiers that it doesn't have a credit side, but they didn't seem to listen, so I said "Ok.. Credit it is then.."

When the transaction was finished and I'd signed the receipt my cashier said:
"These Swedish bank/credit cards can really mess things up sometimes"
I could't help myself from saying
"It's in fact British, and it does not have a credit side, but I agree."
I like the look I got. Can't describe it though..


I miss Finnish sweets.

4 comments:

  1. Siulle sitä sattuu ja tapahtuu. :) Oi, fazerin suklaa, sitä on ikävä <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. mull on kyll vähän kaapiss, mut mä haluan Fazerin tutti frutti mix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Svar: Haha, joo, ha börja me d nu den sista tiden... d e Mats fel XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Svar: *asg* Mats har faktiskt haft upp min laptop ett slag för o putsa fläkten, så ja vet hur ja ska göra när ja känner för d :D
    O jaaa, no e d väl egentligen bra att ja lär mig (A)

    ReplyDelete